Choate Varmint Stocks for Remington 700 Short Action
Choate Varmint Stock for Remington 700 Short Action
When Major John Plaster designed Choate's Ultimate Varmint his goal was to build a stock that would include all of the features that a precision and/or varmint shooters expect in a solid replacement stock.
This stock is for the Remington Long Action with a receiver screw spacing of 7.35".
- Solid CNC machined aluminum bedding block.
- Rear elevation adjusting knob.
- Course 1/8" serrations on the bottom of the stock for grip and bag shooting.
- Hollow grip for tool and ammo storage.
- A standard and large cheek piece for larger objectives.
- 1 1/4" barrel channel. Lighter weight, 4 lbs., to reduce field fatigue.
- Over sized trigger guard for when gloves are worn.
- Quick detachable Bipod adapter.
- Here are some dimensions that might help you identify your receiver length.
These are the distances between the two receiver screws:
Remington short action 6.500 / long action 7.350
WEIGHT OF STOCK: Sniper is just under 6 lbs. Varmint is just over 4.5 lbs. Tactical is 3 lbs 11 oz.
DETACHABLE MAGAZINES: Does not fit detachable mag. If your weapon has a Detachable Mag, you MUST order a stock with "Detachable Magazine" in the title.
BLIND BOTTOM STOCKåÊfor swingout floorplate models (BDL version), you must remove the floorplate.
Click here for a diagram and detailed description of the Choate Ultimate Varmint stock.